Friday, December 25, 2009

With Love From Caruthers

Merry Christmas to one and all! I am full of the spirit of Christmas on this morning! The Christmas tree is decorated and I snuck down the stairs early this morning to view the tree before anyone else woke up. It was a most magical moment! I climbed atop the piles of presents and stared at the twinkling lights. Oh, it was so beautiful in the dim morning light. I wanted to just lose myself inside the branches, lose myself in the magic of it all! I feel like one of the small children I met when i visited Santa. My eyes wide in amazement, full of hope and joy, for reasons I can't explain. It's just a good, happy feeling.
The family here is very tired after spending the late night hours in church, where they attended a Christmas Mass. I did not get to attend the service, but it's OK. My maker explained to me that some folks may not understand what I am and why I am here. They might make silly remarks and she wanted to protect me. However, given all my maker told me about church, I was under the impression that all were welcome. Even a monster like me. It makes me a little sad that there could be some people who may not like me. I wonder why? I look a little strange, but my heart is open and love is spilling over.
And so the family here is still asleep this Christmas morning. I am so excited for them to open their gifts. I am not sure if there will be anything for me under that tree, but, as I've said before, I am so happy just to be here, be a part of this human family and the whole human world, what more do I need? I have chocolate and cookies in my belly, a warm house, wonderful friends who care about me, a soft place to sit, and so much to do and see! Life is exciting. Even the smallest of outings can be an adventure. I intend to look upon it in that manner.....always.
Until next time.

A post script to April, my favorite admirer: You have been an inspiration to me! Thank you for reading all about my adventures and for all your timely advice! I take everything you say to heart. I just love to read your comments. It is friends like you that make this blog worth while! Merry Christmas! With love, from Caruthers.

1 comment:

April said...

Oh Caruthers! You sweet little monster- you are making me cry. But Don't Worry...sometimes crying is a good thing. It's just that you have said everything that is inside my heart today. I guess my heart must be so full that some of it is leaking out in the form of tears. We do have everything we need, don't we. Hmmmmm...although I Could use one more piece of chocolate...how bout you? Love you, Merry Monster...your pal, April.