Saturday, November 28, 2009

The World is Full of Strange and Fun People!

Last night I went to a huge party. But this was no ordinary party. It was Pub Quiz, a trivia game played at Emmet's Pub. The man in the photo with me, Bill, is the reverent (and sometimes irreverent) Mr. Adjudicator. He runs the quiz. He reads out 7 rounds of ten questions each, and the teams, made up of 4 people, answer the questions onto their answer sheets and hand them in to the scorekeeper. Bill is an amusing fellow. I think he liked me a lot, mostly because I didn't harass him like many of the players did. He scared me to no end, however. I thought maybe I was going to disappear beneath those robes he had on. I am not sure if he is a real life judge, but if he was I wouldn't want to be caught doing ANYTHING illegal! The man was a little terrifying for me. I begged my maker to get me away from him, but I don't think she could hear me above the noise. Bill posed with me in front of about 40 teams that were there last night. It cost $7 to play and the winning team got all the money! I didn't have to pay though, because I can neither write or speak. But I knew the answers to ALL the questions!
This is Connor. He was the scorekeeper. You can bet I looked over his shoulder the whole evening to make sure there was no monkey business going on! Did you know a Marmoset is a monkey? I did. That was one of the questions. Anyway, I watched Connor as he pored over those answer sheets. It was a lot of work, but he had his laptop with him in case there was some down time.

This is a nice man named Chris who agreed to pose with me. I have to admit, I was a little scared when he squeezed my belly. Chris was on my maker's team. They didn't win the big money, but they had fun laughing and joking. I didn't always understand all the jokes Chris told. Someone said they were "off-color". I am not sure what that means, but apparently, Chris is famous in that arena. Chris has a lovely friend who I wish would have let me sit on her lap. She was nice. And she didn't scare me quite as much as Chris and Bill did. I had a good time at this event. I just can't wait to see where my maker will take me next!
Until next time!


3 comments:

April said...

Well, Caruthers, maybe you can't write or speak but thank goodness- YOU CAN TYPE! Looks like you had a Blast! Lots of fun activities where you live- you lucky fellow! Hey, can you recall any of those off color jokes?

a painter said...

You are having a great time, Caruthers! The various dolls and characters that live here are green with envy!

cheryl kuhn said...

Hey Caruthers, how are you at musical trivia???