Friday, November 13, 2009

Out and About

I'm on my first adventure out in the world. I got to ride in a car with this belt across me. I am not tall enough for the shoulder strap, so I hope my maker is a good driver. I am just made of fluff so I probably wouldn't be hurt too badly if we crashed. The problem is that I could not see where we were going. The windows are placed too high for someone of my minimal stature. I sat in the car while my maker went into various stores. Again, I couldn't see anything out the window. But I smelled bread and felt the cool air rush past me when she opened the back door to load her purchases.
On the way home from the shopping trip, as I learned that's what my maker did, we stopped and I got to go outside and sit for a moment. Here I am in a corn field. Just after my maker snapped this photo I plunged to the earth, no worse for the wear. A little dirt, a few wisps of what lays on the ground. It was a glorious day outside, especially for one who has never been. There was a cool wind and the sound coming from the rustling corn was that of music to my ears. Much better than the singing furnace. This was peaceful, lulling. I wish I could have stayed.

Here I am sitting by a sign. You can get an idea of how small, or large, I am. The sun was shining on my face. Oh, I was happy. I wanted to get up and run, dart through the weeds like a dog. But, alas, my legs work about as efficiently as my hands. At least I don't need shoes.
Until next time. Please come back and visit.


2 comments:

April said...

Oh Caruthers! It is love at first sight! When oh when can you come to Little Rock?? We are going to do a Puppet show in December and you could come and watch and even be a guest star in our show, if it doesn't make you nervous (I realize you ar brand new and might not have any idea what in the Hell I am talking about.) Whoops- that was a cuss word, you don't want to use those, Caruthers, so please excuse me.Tell your maker I will take excellent care of you and send you home with a bit more fun under your belt (seatbelt) and some exciting adventures to write about. Let me know...if not Christmas, ANYTIME! Hugs and Smooches, April.

a painter said...

Hi, Caruthers! Dolls and Teddy Bears go for rides here, too. More than one doll is a "travel doll" at our house. There is Hitty and Edie...and some others, too.

We cannot wait to see where you end up next!